Saturday 28 April 2012

It's the freakin weekend!

Hi all,

I haven't done an OOTW lately but I'll bring it back soon - my apologies.
I did however do some window shopping this week. I went into one of my favourite stores, Dynamite. I love the clothing there. They make great pieces that are versatile and what I consider an easy ensemble. What I mean by 'easy ensemble' is an outfit that doesn't require much effort to put together but looks like you put a lot of thought into it. I definitely think that there is something for everyone at that store. Whether you are a working woman in an office setting or a stay at home mom in need of a comfy, on-the-go look you will find it there. I really love the new items they have this season. I especially love their colourful blazers. I own a couple black blazers and a beige one. They are a major fashion staple in my wardrobe. However, I have my eyes set on a blazer of a different colour. I love the crisp clean look of white but the girly girl inside me screams 'try on the hot pink one'. I'm torn. They also had green and purple blazers.


Trying to not get ahead of myself I decided to try on just the white one and see what I thought. I paired it with black leggings and a white scoop neck t-shirt with a bit of gathering on the sides, a very flattering t-shirt.

I loved this look. It felt so comfortable and I could wear it with wedges for a lunch with friends, ballet flats for running around with M, or heels for a work situation. The end result was that the blazer is definetly on my wish list and so is the t-shirt. I feel like I'd get more use out of a white blazer as opposed to the pink or green or purple.

How do you all feel about a white on white look?

In other news, I'm so happy it's the weekend. I can finally decompress and unwind. Tomorrow I'n going to a baby shower of a close friend of mine. She's expecting a girl so I'm sure there will be many an 'awww, so cute' outfit for the little pumkin. They start off us girls so early in terms of wanting nice clothes and a desire to look good. It starts while still in the womb. Oh my!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

XO

Amber

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amber, ever since you were born, you were a fashion plate. It doesn't surprize me one bit that M will be just lke you. You are dressing her and she is actually dressing you. You told me that she picks out clothes for you to wear aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blazer !
    and your daughter is so cute .

    PS : i'm having a KERASTASE giveaway on my blog, there are not many entries,so chances on winning are big!

    xox Liyana
    http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete