Sunday 22 April 2012

Playing dress up and other things

Watching M play is one of the funniest, cutest, and healthy doses reality. You see, when I watch M play I really take note of what she's doing. She's making lunch for her dolls, she's grocery shopping, she's cleaning, she's rocking a baby to sleep, she's playing dress up and as of late she's going out to 'pick up the dog poop'.  If this was the list of what I had to do in a day I'm pretty sure I'd be kicking and screaming through most of it. However,  M acts out the daily life of an adult because she, like many children, just can't wait to grow up. She wants to be just like mommy and do what mommy does. She will pick up her purse, put on her boots and 'go to walmart'. I only wish that could pretend to be a grown up 24/7. Maybe if I pretended to do everything on my 'to do' list then real life might seem more fun.

Playing dress up for instance. If I ventured into my closet one afternoon and tried on a bunch of outfits then perhaps when I wake the next morning getting dressed might not seem so daunting of a task. Even self proclaimed fashionistas, like myself, stare hopelessly into their closets and think 'I have nothing to wear'. On days like that I'd much rather leave the house in yoga pants and a tank top than a well put together ensemble.

 What would happen if I went to the grocery store and picked up a bunch of items without thinking about price, nutritional value, or if it's on my grocery list? I can guarantee I'd leave the store less stressed about money and not thinking about what kind of meals I can prepare with what I just bought.

Making lunch for dolls would be perfect. There would never be a complaint that onions made their way onto the plate or that there isn't enough meat in the recipe.

 Picking up the dog poop? Well, I don't think there is any amout of pretending that can make task a fun one!

My point is that if we all took a little time to observe our children or our friends children we might learn something from them. I vote that we all should implement the best thing kids partake in, nap time. Every company should have that in their policy and procedures manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment