Wednesday 17 August 2011

DRESS it up: Night and Day

Ever find yourself staring into your closet and saying " I have nothing to wear! "? Then from the other side of the bedroom you hear your other half laughing sarcastically. In his opinion you could probably open your own clothing boutique with the amount of clothes that's in your wardrobe. He might have to stage an intervention if he witnesses you walking in the house with another shopping bag. Even if it was from that store you JUST absolutely adore, containing another shirt, you JUST had to have, because after all it was, JUST reduced 50%, on sale.

This is my life!

Even though I might be a shopaholic, I strive to find a bargain at all times. I also try to only buy an article of clothing if I know I can pair it with several existing pieces I have in my closet, creating several different looks. Call it "getting the most bang for your buck". Take the dress I am wearing today, featured in the pictures below. I bought it for a night out with my sister for her 19th birthday. I wore it only that once and it has hung hopelessly on a hanger waiting to be worn again. Today I was inspired to take it from night to day. In most cases my fellow fashionista would be on a mission to take a daytime look and make it work for a night out. I already knew I had a perfect night time look. In order to get more wear out of the dress I needed to make it work for daytime too. The dress was from Urban Behaviour on sale for $19.99, the perfect price!! It shows off my legs, which as of late I am incredibly proud of due to my daily workout regime. For my night out with my sister I chose to wear a black blazer with 3/4 length sleeves that is,  in my opinion, a wardrobe staple. I feel more comfortable covering up myt arms as they are a work in progress. I paired it with my best heels. Classic black pumps from Le Chateau that I scored for half price, $29.99. I purchased them last Christmas and have been in love ever since! It looked great. However,  it just wasn't practical for a day filled with running errands with M. I needed flat shoes and wanted to steer clear from black, it seemed too harsh for daytime. I decided to throw on a cream coloured boyfriend cardigan, another wardrobe staple. A pair of white flip flops, $7.99 Charlotte Russe this season, and my new found love, a Coach Poppy Signature swingpack, helped complete my look.

I really liked how I looked and felt, in each outfit. I took a simple dress, that I may have only ended up wearing once, and gave it a completely different look. I could have easily gone out and found a new dress to make casual. Instead, the sense of pride that came with knowing I saved money, not only on the dress originally but by wearing it a second time in a new way, was well worth it.

I strongly suggest you take a second look at the pieces in your closet and give them a new lease on life. It will make you feel good about yourself, creatively and financially. Not to mention it will save you from being signed up for "Shopaholics Anonymous" by your spouse.
You can thank me later,

XO
Amber

2 comments:

  1. Cuuute! I love the dress both ways, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Patrick26 August 2011 at 21:57

    Looks great and works for both!! :)

    ReplyDelete