Friday 8 March 2013

The long lost blogger


Well hello there my long lost blogger friends! Long time no blog.

I've made the executive decision to re-enter the blogging world. I will be making a few changes to my site and content in the next little while. The reason being, is that the person I was when I started this blog is not who I am today. Yes I am still a self proclaimed fashionista and mommy to the fabulous Miss M, but I've had some major changes happen in my life and it's time the blog reflected that. So please bare with me as I regroup and revamp this page and what I choose to blog about.

On a completely different note, I'm sick! This winter has taken a toll on our immune systems. It seems like every day someone on Facebook is updating their status to proclaim how this bug or that bug has caught up to them. My little peanut was sick and has been off and on all season. It's always inevitable that if she's sick, I'm next in line. Like most mom's I can't help but snuggle her more and get closer to her when she's not feeling herself. I comfort and kiss the cold away, all the way into my body where it festers and rears its ugly head approximately 1 week after she caught it. It's a vicious cycle.

So now that I'm on day two of said cold, I'm drained of energy and I find myself with more to do that if I wasn't sick. I have a long list of things to do around my perfect little apartment. I worked all day, picked M up from daycare, and came home and assisted Mr Awesome cook dinner (there's a whole other blog post on this man coming soon). Then it hit me. The brick wall. The clock struck 7 and I was done, toast, over. I layed on the couch, closed my eyes, and I tried to drown out the sound of Toopy and Binoo. This didn't last long. The demands of a mom are far too extensive to let a little cold get the best of you. So I mustered up the strength to get up and get moving. It's true what they say: 'Move it or lose it'. I choose to move it. I decided the dishes weren't going to wash themselves; M wasn't going to clean her room to my standards and run herself a bath. The bathroom didn't have a magic 'Self Clean' button and my laundry wasn’t capable of walking into my closet and hanging itself up.

I can proudly say I now have clean dishes drying on the counter. My bathroom is spotless. M is squeaky clean and my laundry.... well its laundry and I hate doing it even when I’m not sick. What can I say, it’s a work in progress around here but it’s better than it was before.

I hope to keep blogging regularly and not necessarily about all things fashion but about real life, my life. I’m a fashionista at heart but it’s not the only thing I love. The friends and family I surround myself with make me who I am and I think they deserve some recognition on here once and a while.

 
XO Amber

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see u writing again Amber. Its what u do well. and for the energy to do what à mom does,... High 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap.......awesome chicky

    ReplyDelete