Wednesday 21 December 2011

Sparkle and Shine It's Christmas Time

I would not be the self proclaimed fashionista that I am if, while making my holiday to do list, I forgot to jot down 'Find a great holiday outfit'. Yes, I have been totally consumed with what to buy for my loved ones and especially M. Like many of you I've searched the internet for a great hoilday recipe to 'wow' my friends and family with. And of course I have carefully wrapped each and every present. For me though, I put as much effort into those things as I do choosing my holiday wardrobe. What would the holidays be without a little sparkle or the best shade of red for your attire. As a mom, I also carefully pick out a Christmas outfit for M, as most mothers do. When you walk through any department store it isn't hard to notice that having a great hoilday ensemble starts as early as 3 months of age.  Children's perfect plaid prints and just a touch of faux fur call out to mothers and grandmothers alike. So why should us grown ups put our style aside and forget about ourselves? We can have our cake and eat it too. Our children can be dapper and we can be dazzling, all at the same time.

I realize that contemplating spending any amount of money on ourselves can be daunting but I never said you needed to buy a whole new outfit for the holidays. You can be surprised what you might already have in your closet that you can work with. It may only take buying a simple accessory or tank to breath new life into older pieces.

Take the very trendy sequined tank. I know most women have a plain tank in their closets but let's kick it up a notch and add that sparkle I was talking about. Chose the tank in a colour you love, I'm totally into gold this season. Pair it with a dark washed skinny jean or my fave, black skinny dress pants (Dynamite stores). Throw on a black blazer and your best black boot and voila!

Do you have a simple LBD (little black dress) that you love to show off every chance you get? Slip on a shoe with some sparkle and feel more festive instantly!

Heading to a cocktail party? Find the best and biggest ring to wear on your finger. It'll be sure to start some conversation as you hold your martini or wine glass and mingle.


Whatever your style you can always find room in your closet, and wallet, for one special holiday piece that will make you feel beautiful and confident. Yes, you are the mom who will stand in line for that must have toy, spend sleepless nights wrapping gifts with love, and finish off Christmas eve by watching holiday favourites and eating homemade chocolate chip cookies. However, you can also be the mom who spends an extra 5 minutes getting ready so she can look as put together as her toddler. I know I'll try my best but M always outshines me and that's ok too!

Have a safe and happy Christmas season with the ones you love. Find your inner fashionista and turn some heads!  

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment