Thursday 29 September 2011

I feel that I have been neglecting my blog and I have, but with good reason.

My lovely better half is finally cleared to go back to work after a bad leg break. It's been nearly 5 months that he has been home with very little range of movement! There were times I wanted to break his other leg but looking back I'm glad I didn't. Even though we have been waiting a long time for him to be able to get back to work it still is bitter sweet. He left Tuesday, Oct 4th for Fort Nelson, BC. He works out there as a transport truck driver hauling oil rig related things. It'll be nice to finally have some money in the bank and a nice savings to go with it but it's gonna be a long cold winter here with out him. So for the past couple of weeks I have even given up my workout regime in order to bank as many hours with him as possible!

However, I have found just a few minutes to blog today and get you up to speed on what I'm currently dealing with. We are in the process of potty training M. For any parent at this stage of the game you can understand what I'm going through. I have to say that potty training is my most hated task of parenting, yet the most exciting one. Each day you can go from cleaning up accidents to cheering and jumping up and down because the pee actually made it into the potty. You try rewards, the excitement of big girl panties, sitting on the bathroom floor reading books, and refilling the sippy cup while she waits on the potty all in an effort to get her to just GO! She loves the process. She loves getting completely undressed (because she couldn't possibly think about sitting on the potty with her shirt on and pants at her feet). She loves pretending to pee (even makes the sounds). She especially loves taking mounds of toilet paper off the roll to "wipe" with. Last but not least she loves trying to flush the toilet (seeing as she can't quite manage this yet she gets mad and frustrated and refuses to leave the bathroom until you've flushed the toilet for her even though she never even peed).Oh the joys of potty training. I think the worst part is that, as a mom who takes pride in dressing M well everyday, potty training means a lot of pant less days. It's been noted that Lady Gaga has been one to go pant less on many occasions. It's kind of her trademark. For M and I it's a matter of not ruining a million pairs of pants with accidents. It's gotten to the point where there are days when M wants nothing to do with her pants. What's an outfit without it's bottom half? Beats me! In all honesty this doesn't cause me to loose sleep or really effect me but it's just a funny stage of parent/toddlerhood that we are currently dealing with.
Just goes to show that even self claimed Fashionistas have their fair share of fashion dilemmas!

I'll be sure to get more posts up in the next couple of weeks. Please bare with me!
XO
Amber

3 comments:

  1. I love how excited she is about the process... should make it much easier to get her fully potty trained because she's on board with it. Good luck!

    As for your big guy being gone, I'm glad you got in as much time as possible with him before he had to leave. Stay strong. Would really like to get together with you for a coffee sometime soon so we can laugh like old times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh chels you have no idea how much I'd love that! Let me know when you are in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I have nominated you for the Versitile Blogger award ... head to my latest post and find out all the details!!!
    T.
    www.mommysmomments.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete