Friday 20 January 2012

Lipgloss and M

Happy Friday everyone!

Hope you all have amazing plans for the weekend! I plan on attending my little cousins 3rd birthday. M and her are the best of friends and I am so happy that they are so close. My cousin getting a year older, and soon growing out of toddler status, only makes me think about M turning 3 later this year. Where has the time gone? I feel like it was just yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. My baby is growing up so fast. She is figuring out her likes and dislikes. She is learning new things everyday. She is exploring who she is and what makes her happy.

Today we were in Sephora and I found something I knew M would love. For starters, let me say that she loves anything you can put on your lips. Lip gloss, lip balm, lip stick - you get the point. She also loves Hello Kitty (who doesn't?). I discovered the Hello Kitty line of makeup today, which featured a cute Hello Kitty shaped  lip gloss. When I told M what I had found she was so excited and said "I need my lips Mom!", with a big grin on her face. I lined her stroller up with the cosmetics and showed her how the lip gloss worked and how to put it on. They have a great set up for if you want to try on products but still want to be hygienic. I handed her the tester wand and she went to town. She had hot pink lip gloss on her forehead, her nose and her chin. Some even made it on her lips. I guess she didn't follow my instructions very well. What can I say?  I guess she likes to think out of the box when it comes to makeup application. She is such a girlie girl with most things, like makeup. However, she asked for trucks and cars for Christmas and they all share a toy box with her baby dolls and princess books. She is the perfect mix and I couldn't ask for a more well rounded child. I love her to bits! It is so fun to have her tag along when I go to the mall and she can find things she likes too.

All in all it was a great way to start off my weekend!
XO
Amber

1 comment:

  1. As M's Gramma, I can certainly say that she is a true girly girl. She can have a real converation with you and totally understand. Amber and Cory, you have a wonderful daughter and should be very proud of her and you are both blessed. I love her sooo much, and am going to miss her terribly when she moves to be with her other Grandma. But I cant be selfish, I know I have to share. I hope Gramma Sandra has as much fun with her as I did while she was living with me.

    ReplyDelete