Monday 23 January 2012

Urban Decay Eyeshadow

I am a very upset beauty blogger today and I am writting this post to vent about my situation.

It's regarding my new eyeshadow. I know I could, and do, have bigger problems but I am really bummed about the latest addition to my makeup bag. I purchased an amazing colour from the Urban Decay line. I actually stumbled upon it while looking at the Naked Palette they've created because I've heard such amazing things about the range of neutral colours it has. Since I didn't like every single colour in the palette I decided to invest in just one of the colours that I absolutley loved.

The shadow's name is Toasted ( 0.05 oz $20.00 CAN $17.00 USD). It's a great crease/lid colour that was right up my ally. I was so excited to try it out on my lids the next day.  It was even more beautiful on my eyes than it was in the tester swatch on my hand pre purchase. The application was so smooth and blended very well. Also, the colour was perfect. I was very happy with my new eye shadow....until the end of the day. When I got home from my cousin's birthday party I happened to look in the mirror and was disapointed when I noticed my eyes. My new shadow was creasing and looked terrible by the end of the day. It dawned on me that maybe this is why UD has created a Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I heard that it claims your eye makeup should last 10 hours and that it has put an end to creased lids. I have never had an issue with creasing in a very long time. I'm talking highschool, long time. I normally use a Mabelline palette nearly everyday, no problems.

 So even though there are many good things people have to say about the UD Primer Potion, I just never felt the need to purchase it, until now. They (makeup companies) have finally got me. I fell victim to their cruel marketing ways. I am madly in love with my new shade of wonderful - yes I'm talking about my eye shadow. So I guess I'll have to invest in the Primer Potion now if I want flawless eyes that last all day long. (0.37 oz $23.00 CAN $19.00 USD)

Please learn from my mistakes my friends.

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment