Friday 13 January 2012

A snowy day, red pants and an afternoon with my bestie

Happy Friday!

Today we woke up to the first major snow fall of the year. Up until this morning Mother Nature had been ever so kind to us Southern Ontarioites. The only thing worse than the snow was the people driving in it. I swear there is some sort of magical spell that is cast upon us at the end of the winter season. Each winter it's like everyone forgets the effect snow and ice has on the roads. They don't have a clue how to drive in this weather. Regardless of others stupidity, I had to head out into the wind, snow, and ice to drive my mother to work. I decided since she works at the mall and it's practically my second home I would stick around and window shop (I'm trying to save money remember). I also had plans with one of my best friends, Kathleen. So the mall was where we decided to meet up. We ate some lunch, walked around, and each took turns entertaining M while the other tried on clothes. I was in search of a pair of red pants. Red skinny jean-like pants to be specific. I have been seeing a lot of them in magazines and thought I'd give them a go.


 I found a super soft and perfect shade of red  in American Eagle that I decided to try on. When it comes to jeans I am currently a size 14 in that store. I found my size on the rack but as soon as I looked at it in full I knew it was a small 14. I tried it on and it fit well enough that I decided to come out of the change room and show Kathleen. We both agreed that while it is a bold look, it was one we would purchase if we found the right size/fit. I think red is such a great colour in fashion. Sexy, bold, and strong.

Now that I had found what I was looking for, we were free to just stroll the stores and chat about our past weeks. Kathleen and I like to meet up once a week. It's something we've done for a while now. Any longer than that and we feel a little girlfriend withdrawal happening. So you can imagine my feelings towards our weekly outtings ending soon. My move out East will result in a lack of time spent with my girlfriends and that's something I am very upset about. I know my true friends will always be there for me no matter how many provinces separate us. I feel so blessed to have a small, but amazing group of friends that care about me. I wouldn't have spent the afternoon any other way than with one of my best friends. Kathleen managed to buy a great top and I convinced her that a blazer is a must have wardrobe staple. She found one that she loved and bought that too. I was out of snacks for M and Kathleen had dinner plans with her boyfriend so we called it a day. By the end of our mall visit I had forgotten about the crazy drivers and the snow fall, well almost.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment