Thursday 12 January 2012

A New Year Brings Change

First and foremost, Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a safe New Year.

I haven't blogged since before the holidays but with just cause. I have literally had my life turned upside down. I'm moving! I know, bummer right? I agree but there is something to be said for decluttering, purging, and reminiscing as you go through all of your stuff. I will never appear on an episode of Hoarders because I have no issues with throwing out or donating what I haven't used or am just keeping for shits and giggles. For the next few weeks I am camping out at my mother's with M. We are in transition right now and we'll be heading out East by the end of the month to move in with my in-laws. The idea is to save some money and spend some quality time with M's other grandparents. The fiance and I would like to own a home within the next five years and this temporary living situation will greatly help us achieve this. My fiance lives and works out West.  He has a very good paying job driving transport truck, hauling rig equipment and materials. This will also help in our mega savings plan.

All of this change has made me think a lot about this blog. Even though it is a constant in my life right now and a sort of sanctuary for me to visit, I feel it needs a change too. When I started this blog I spoke about how I wanted it to be a place for me to share my love of fashion. How I make every effort to maintain my style and beauty regime even though I am a mom of a busy toddler. I take my job as a mother very seriously and it ranks at the very top of my priority list. However, I love putting that extra effort into my appearance because it makes me feel great about myself. Feeling good and having confidence is something that is important to me and something that I hope M will also seek to achieve in life. I know it may sound vain or selfish to want to look put together and have my child mirror the same, that is not my intention. I also do not look down on those who have lost themselves in the midst of midnight feedings and toddler tantrums....I've been there. I just feel that for me, personally, I need to make that effort to stay true to who I am. Who I am is a woman who loves fashion, beauty and all things pretty. I enjoy learning new makeup and hair techniques. I can get lost in Sephora for hours and I can shop until I literally drop. I take pride in a well decorated home. My family is my world and they are my everything. I love them so much and would do anything for them but I also feel that I cannot lose who I am just because I became a mom.

My blog is a part of maintaining my true self. I have always loved writing. Growing up I used writing to vent and somehow my problems always seemed to make more sense when they were staring at me in black and white. Now that I've settled into the mommy routine I find I have a bit more time to do things I love. The occasional coffee date with a friend, a hot yoga class, or blogging. So I've combined two loves: fashion and writing. However, as of late I have felt that I wasn't blogging as often as I'd like. I wasn't overly happy with how my blog was evolving. I wanted to be able to write about more than just fashion. I wanted to be able to share what's going on in my personal life as much as I wanted to share what's going on in the fashion world. Also, my love of beauty products and techniques has been on my mind. I want to be able to share my latest amazing product find without worrying that it doesn't jive with the theme of this blog. I am therefore renaming my blog to reflect the material I want to write about. I want more freedom to write about a variety of topics that peak my interest.

Introducing: " Heels, Hairspray and Hissy-fits...Oh My! - a mom's view on the world of fashion, beauty and raising a family."

As I work out the kinks I hope you will stick around. I want to settle into a solid blogging routine. I would love to produce a blog twice a week on select days of the week. I want it to be the best it can be. I want to grow with my blog. I hope you all can understand my reasons for change. I also hope you can find time to check out my blog on a regular basis.

I look forward to this journey with you!

Xo
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment