Wednesday 7 March 2012

High-low Spring

I can't help but notice that the world around me is getting ready for spring. As I drove around running errands today I saw signs boasting opening dates for Garden Centres and Ice Cream Dairy Bars. It was just a friendly reminder that the weather will be changing soon and so will our wardrobes.
I love finding  new trends and popular colours for the upcoming spring fashion season. One trend that I've noticed in both the clothing stores and the blogging world is the high-low hemline. When spring comes around I start to lean towards wearing cute flowing dresses. They are simple, comfortable and fun to wear. Now clothing companies are trying out the high-low hemline, giving ordinary dresses a fresh new look.

FOREVER 21
Jacquard Chiffon Peasant Dress
CAD $35.80

Pairing a long necklace or fun belt with a spring dress can turn a plain outfit into one you could wear out to dinner with friends or your spouse. It's easy to take these looks from day to night. Plus this new hemline adds for more visual appeal.

FOREVER 21
Billowy Layered Dress
USD $29.80

Bloomingdales (online)Michael Stars Dress- Alba Colour Block Maxi Dress
CAD 193.46

I especially love the new take on the maxi dress. This is my normal go-to outfit on a spring or summers day when I'm shopping or hanging out by the pool at my mom's. Now, with the high-low hemline, you can show off an amazing pair of wedges or cute sandals that were hidden beneath your dress before. As a mom on the go I look for simple pieces that I can throw on, without giving it too much thought, and look effortlessly put together. A flowing maxi was a favourite of mine when I was pregnant with M because it was so comfortable and easy to wear. Now I wear them on days when we are out and about or just going to the park.  I think they are a true spring/summer wardrobe staple.

When you are out shopping for some new clothes for the warmer weather don't forget about this fun hem-line. Also try looking for dresses with  bright colours or that use colour blocking. It's sure to make getting dressed a breeze this season.

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment