Saturday 24 March 2012

A little bit of stars and stripes

Happy Weekend all!
I am very excited about today. As some of you know, if you frequent my blog, today is the Spa Day at my aunt’s church for the women in the community who are either homeless or just down on their luck. I am so honoured to be a part of this mission to help these women feel beautiful. It should be a great day!
I wanted to share with you some pictures I took while out shopping this week with M. I haven’t been out shopping in a while (I know, shocking right?). I was so happy to see so many bright colours and great patterns.  
While in Suzy Shier, I found this black shirt with a tiny star pattern on it and decided to try and pair it with this striped pencil skirt. I really loved the outcome. How do you feel about mixing patterns?


I also tried on this orange pencil skirt and found it to make the whole outfit look a bit Halloweenish.

I love taking an afternoon and shopping for new looks, even if I don't intend on purchasing them. It gets me thinking about what I currently own and seeing how I can wear it differently. I'm all about getting the most bang for your buck. The more versatile the piece, the happier I am.

Is there a trend you want to try but not sure you want to buy into it for fear of not pulling it off right? Head to your local mall and window shop. Try things on and experiment with different styles you might not have tried otherwise. It's a lot of fun!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment