Sunday 18 March 2012

The trouble with moving

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to write a quick post to update you on life.

I would love to have posted an OOTW but my clothing is here, there, and everywhere and for the majority of the week I've been hanging out in sweats. The reason for my fashion laziness? We moved. BLAH! I say it like that because I hate moving and I hate renting and we did both.

To the naked eye my little townhouse, I now call home, is cute and modern and cozy. However, behind it's prettiness lies a whole bunch of problems. It makes me angry that when you buy a house you must have a home inspector come in but when you rent that's not really an option. So you move into a house and don't realize the problems until you start living in it.

For starters, we have a fuse box. The old craptacular style fuse box with old school fuses that blow all.the.time. The dryer that came with the place doesn't heat up enough to dry clothes on one cycle. It takes two 80 minute cycles to get dry and even then the clothes just don't feel dry enough. Also, if you put too big of a load in the dryer it blows it's fuse every 5 minutes.

The area we live in is home to stink bugs, or at least that's what I've been told they are called. At first glance you think they are baby cock roaches but thank the Lord they are not. We sprayed the whole house and the perimeter of the house and it seemed to end the pest problem.

The dark laminate flooring makes the house look updated and it is a nice touch, but not if you have a golden retriever or a two year old or a grown man who likes to wear his sneakers in the house. I love a clean floor. I am anal about keeping it clean, after all my child plays on the ground the majority of the time. Clean floors make me happy. I now have a full time job keeping my floors clean because every spec of dust, dirt, foot prints, fur etc is seen. AHHH! It's a nightmare!

Lastly, it is mid March in Ontario and it's hot as hell in our townhouse. It's not even summer yet and I'm sweating getting ready for the day. There is literally no point in doing your makeup because it will just run off your face before you are out the door. Needless to say we need to invest in air conditioning as this place has no central air. I love the warmer weather but the humidity is going to be the death of me.

So all in all I haven't had much time to spend blogging or going anywhere that I needed to put effort into my look. I do, however, have big plans for my new closet that I'll be posting about soon!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed this amazing weather!

XO
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment